NGL Touch is a self service tool for your library users. Using this application your users can
- Self Check-out
- Self Check-in
- Self Renew
- View list of items over due
- View important messages from the library. For example: Recall notices, Reserved items at circulation desk and so on
NGL Touch has been designed with larger buttons which can easily facilitate finger touches from touch screen kiosks.
Make sure that you are running NGL Version 3.0.4 Release 1 Update 3 or above on your server.
- If you are installation NGLfor the first time then click on this link for instructions
- If you are upgrading NGL from earlier versions then click here for instructions
On the client machine where you intend to run NGL Touch you must install JRE (Java Runtime Environment) 1.6.0. You can download this from http://www.java.com
Conduct these installation steps on the client machine where you intend to run NGL Touch
Step 1: Download NGLTouch from here
Step 2: Extract the downloaded NGLTouch.zip into any location except directly into C:. You will now see a directory called NGLTouch. This directory has 2 more directories. One is NGLTouchFiles and the other is NGLTouch
Step 3: Copy the NGLTouchFiles and NGLTouch directory mentioned in Step 2 into C: drive
Step 4: Open config.properties using Wordpad or any text editor. This file is in C:/NGLTouchFiles
The following properties must be defined
- IP address of the server on which your NGL Server is running
- If your server IP address is 192.168.1.4 then,
- Port on which your NGL Server is running. In most of the cases it is 8080
- Leave the below property as it is
- This is session time in seconds. When ever the user logins in, the session will be valid till 180 secs.
- After 180 seconds the Login screen will appear. You can edit the session time here
Double click on C:/NGLTouch/RunNGLTouch.bat to run the application